Diva Designing on a Dime with Kimberly Davis's Imitation Rose Cake Centerpiece Tutorial August 14 2017
This imitation rose cake bling centerpiece is too beautiful not to try out
Florals can be a little tricky and it certainly seems like some people just have the right touch when it comes to arranging. A beautifully arranged floral centerpiece of any kind can add so much glamor, elegance or character to a table setting, taking it from bland to beautiful with just one vase sometimes. Because the floral arrangements are very often the focal point of tablescapes or the event décor, the arrangements have to look just right. Kimberly Davis has managed to design a bling rose imitation cake that doubles as a centerpiece, is wonderfully simple, just the way we like it and it still looks absolutely magnificent.
This gorgeous and simple DIY is most certainly one of my favorites and makes for a stunning wedding as well as a special event DIY. It does take a bit of time to put together but taking your time to complete the project allows for a beautifully finished end product that you can use time and time again.
Kimberly’s list of tools and items needed to make this project is surprisingly small. All you’ll need is the following:
- A foam base
- A few bunches of roses (Kimberly made use of white roses but you could choose flowers to suit your needs and the occasion.)
- The white roses are absolutely beautiful and add an elegant charm to the imitation cake.
- Rhinestone mesh ribbon.
- You’ll need a wire cutter to trim the stems and leaves of the flowers you purchase.
- A glue gun to glue the rhinestone mesh ribbon to your foam base I love that this design leaves room for personal taste and added details. While I’m certainly a huge fan of the roses, especially for an elegant white wedding I also feel that any flower type and color would look just as pretty displayed in this way.
- You could even take it one step further and layer the dimension of the centerpiece by using longer stemmed flowers in the center with shorter stems (or placed close to the foam base in the around the edges. Mixing the flower types in one centerpiece could also be a super idea, creating a truly stunning final product.
Take a look at the Bling DIY video from Diva Designing on a Dime
Adding bling to your floral designs is also a great idea. You can use or create your own bling pins like the ones Kimberly shows in her video by using some wire and a selection of our flat backs or buttons. I would personally use the buttons for a project like this as it’s easy to just pull the wire through the back of the button. You could also make use of a beautiful bling brooch like the Antique Starburst Brooch and pin it to the center of your flower. If you would like to reuse your flowers or bling pieces for another project then using a brooch is the best option for you.
Shop the Rhinestone Products Kimberly Davis used in her Tablescape
Here’s a look at previous floral arrangements where bling was added to the flowers for some inspiration:
Get In Touch With Kimberly Davis from Diva Designing on a Dime
If you'd like to see more amazing DIY tutorials like this one, head over to the Diva Designing on a Dime Youtube channel. You can also follow Kimberly Davis on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Google Plus for amazing updates.